Monday, October 28, 2013

Suggestions on Improving One's Life

     I know that everyone, or many people, are online mostly these days, but I have suggestions on creating a more miraculous life in many areas.  The possibilities are wide, but it seems sometimes like the walls of life can be closing in.  At least for me sometimes, it is like that.
     Most people have more mobility than I do, so some of these things may be easier for you than for me.  Also, if you have money, you have more options, but do not lose heart, if like me, you do not have money.  I just am not bourgeois.  I guess I would be if I could be, but it does not seem to be me karma now.
     Get Marianne Williamson's meditation CD's, Meditations for a Miraculous Life.  I purchased them on Amazon.com for my older son's thirtieth birthday this year, but you could probably get them at your local bookstore.  If not, just say positive affirmations, meditate on a bright future, and surround yourself with light.  This helps in many ways.
     Here are some possibilities.  Take long walks or rides.  Look at the sunset once in a while.  Do yoga.  Have people over for dinner.  Read and watch movies.  Go to bookstores and cafes, and make new friends if you can, but be careful who you select.
     If you have a house, and not a lot of money, you can do a house swap for a few months, perhaps even in a foreign country, which you need a passport for, and possibly a three to six month visa.  That can be expensive, and then there is air fare as well.
      You can improve your own surroundings, turn your bed around, paint, and liven up your own environment.  Try new foods, coffees, teas and wines.  If you drink white wine, try red.  If you drink vodka, try scotch.  If you always make coffee in a coffee maker, try instant.
     Truthfully, I never travel anymore, but I suppose I would if I had someone to travel with, or if I could see better, and if I had the money, but I have traveled in the past, quite a bit, when I was in my thirties, mostly.
     I think that if you are discontent, it could be a good thing, because being complacent for too long, can make life stagnate, like I feel I have been in a rut, but you need quiet times in life, if you want there to be any inner changes, giving up of any addictions or neurosis.  Frantic activity is not always the order of the day.
     Lastly, relax, breath.  Make something with your hands.  The picture shows dream catchers that I made.  Enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment