Monday, September 2, 2013

Know You Are a Winner, Because You Are a Survivor; You Did That...

     Yes, what I want to say is what the title says.  You win, because you survived.  No matter how bad events in your life, it may not seem like it, but if you are a survivor, someone who really wants to live, to beat the odds, to make the most, then you are a winner.
     Some people might think I am a loser, because I am not rich or not married or the fact that I am legally blind, but they are wrong.  I am more because I am not rich, more because I do not need a man to define who I am, or validate me.  I am more because I have hardships to overcome.  I have brought up two sons on my own.  I have survived an atrocious relationships that never should have been.
     I have a choice today, whether to dwell on mistakes, or to go forward, and I choose the latter.  I choose life.  Life.  I choose life today and everyday.  I choose not to dwell on pain and suffering, not to dwell on disasters of the past, grief or loss.
     I am a winner, and you are probably a winner too.  You have survived, and that makes you a winner.  You have the scars to prove it, but like me, you watch them fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment