Sunday, December 1, 2013

Home and Hearth/ Helpful Suggestions Feng Shui Style/ Southern Style

     Recently, I have been really interested in the best colors for the bedroom, Feng Shui style.  According to blogs I have read, the combination of warm, earthy brown and robin's egg blue are most effective.  White is also a good color, especially combined with brown.  However, for children's bedrooms, brown is not recommended. 
     Brown is also good in kitchens, and speaking of kitchens, I was at my sister and brother in law's for dinner, and their home belongs in a magazine, so country, so southern, so rustic.
     I watched her make a large chicken.  Once the giblets were out and on the baking pan, chicken seasoned liberally, vegetable strewn about for roasting, I observed her stuff rosemary, straight from the garden, right into the chicken, as well as a whole lemon, cut in half.
      The result was amazing, tender, earthy.
      So, on to bedrooms, I will say that high thread count sheets are better, in my opinion, than microfiber.  Although they have thread count up to one-thousand, I find that four-hundred is great, and cheaper, but sometimes, one-hundred, eighty can be enough.
     If you have shopped for a throw this year, you may have found Sherpa, which is fake sheep's wool.  You know, the wooly stuff, with a velvety exterior.  It is warm, lovely, and if the package says hypoallergenic, the more reason to buy it. 
     Jackets are also made of Sherpa, and they are especially worth buying for warmth.  I happen to like Dickie's brand of jeans, kakis, and general work apparel, tee's, etc..
     I hope you find this blog helpful, for shopping and household. 

No comments:

Post a Comment